ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate

1997-02-26 18:34:04
Subject: Re: ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate
From: "Sahlas, Stephen" <ssahlas AT TESENT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:34:04 -0500
Tim -
        I appreciate your response, but I get the feeling no one wants
to fes up an say "I know something that is guaranteed and this is what
it is ------------".. What we here at this establishment are looking for
is a configuration all parties both hardware and software will fully,
with no doubt support......So my question(as clear as I can make it) is,
What tape devices did your techs use when testing and what
worked.......?

                I'm looking into buying a Compaq 4/16 external
autoloader, which is on your hcl and I'm assuming will work with your
software, but will it work under NT since they, again don't have a
driver for it...

                When you said that Microsoft has generic driver for tape
devices but not for the libraries, your telling me that someone else
i.e.: ADSM has the driver for the library that works with the Compaq
4/16 autoloader, is this the case?

                My bottom line is I'm running out of time to return the
autoloader that doesn't work and I need an answer, so please have
someone if not yourself give me a STRAIGHT answer......I already know
what my problem is, that was evident. Now I need a

        Ps. I've looked on your web site, Compaqs' web site et..... and
have done all the research into to this dilemma, so please excuse my
frustrations(this is built up from your phone, web and mailing list
support giving me a run around)..

                Thanks
                        Stephen Sahlas
                        System Administrator