ADSM-L

ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate

1997-02-26 17:20:28
Subject: ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate
From: Tim Mortimer <tim_mortimer AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:20:28 EST
Bill,
The current (ever changing) list of devices for all servers is at:
 http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm/ads0fam.htm
The list of AIX and NT devices are very similar, if not the same.

The Microsoft HCL as I understand it only lists devices for which
Microsoft have produced a driver. They only produce fairly generic
drivers for tapes. I don't believe they produce any library drivers.
That is left to individual solution vendors ie: ADSM development.
ADSM development creates bespoke library drivers for each and every
library it wishes to support. Other vendors go through the same
process ie: Seagate write their own drivers for Backup/Exec, etc.

Cheers,
Tim Mortimer
ITSO San Jose
Internet: Tim_Mortimer AT vnet.ibm DOT com