ADSM-L

Question about the Win95 Daylight Savings Time fix

1997-02-26 14:55:00
Subject: Question about the Win95 Daylight Savings Time fix
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:55:00 -0500
Text item: Untitled
I am just getting around to installing the 2.1.06 win95 client, mainly to
get the DST fix (40 days away and counting).  I went to the trouble of
scheduling 200 users to do the upgrade on different days because I thought
the fix would cause a full backup to occur.  I am sure that the IBM
developer wrote to the list last November to say that this would happen.

Anyway, the full backups aren't being done.  The old client level is
2.1.03.  Is this because we are installing during standard time?  Does the
full backup happen only if the fix is installed during DST?  Finally, is
there some other bug here and will I be in big trouble the week of April
6th?

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.