ADSM-L

Re: problem with copy storage pool

1997-02-20 15:08:08
Subject: Re: problem with copy storage pool
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:08:08 PST
>On our disaster recovery backup to a copy storage pool we are having a
>problem with the backup process.  We have three different storage pools
>being backuped up to the same copy storage pool. The first and third fail
>with the following message:
>ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process X terminated - insufficient space in
>target
>copy storage pool.
>  While the second backup completes without problems.
>  If I query the storage pool it states that it is 47% full.  Has anyone
>had these types of errors?   Has been happening ever since we upgraded to
>2.1.10 of the MVS Server

Your copy storage pool may show only 47% utilization, but that does not
mean that the storage pool backup processes can find a usable output tape.
Your tapes could be in the FULL state, but still contain reclaimable
space.  Or maybe most of your tapes have access of OFFSITE or UNAVAILABLE.
It sounds like you either need to run reclamation or add more tapes to
the copy storage pool.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development