ADSM-L

Re: Different includes/excludes

1997-02-19 15:30:00
Subject: Re: Different includes/excludes
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:30:00 -0600
Bill Colwell wrote:

> ...Someone has said he uses seperate nodes for the weekly, monthly etc.
> backups.  This works because the three key values don't match.  If you
> don't want to use and pay for seperate nodes, you could try renaming the
> filespaces in the server...

Actually, we use the muliple nodes per host for failover purposes.
Nothing in our environment makes it to production status without being
in a high availability configuration.  This makes it complicated in that
strings of twin+ tailed disk drives can move from machine to machine -
in addition to entire client machine failovers.  We actually assign IP
addresses to these "packages" and they are "a client".

Weekly, monthly and yearly backups are solved via archive.  The original
problem was having multiple inclexcl lists.  If they are mutually
exclusive, or close to that, the multi node solution makes sense since
you are not duplicating your backups on the same client box.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com