ADSM-L

Re: nt install problem

1997-02-18 19:39:45
Subject: Re: nt install problem
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:39:45 EST
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:18:17 MDT you said:
>      ID TRR  MS 2604
>      208-526-9903
>

> I down loaded the nt20993 fpt6G and installed it on an nt 4.0 workstation.
>
> The install went OK but when I tried to bring up the backup client or
> schedule I get a divide by zero error.  the install also stopped chameleon
> from working ( looks like some dll conflicts).
>
> Has anyone else had this problem or an idea to what I could be doing
> wrong.  This is the 1st time that ADSM has been installed on the workstation
> and the 1st time I have tried to install adsm on an nt workstation.
>
> Thank for any help.
>
>tuner of the OMEGA SERVER
>LMITC
>mail trr AT inel DOT gov

The client has problems when there is an audio CD-ROM in the drive.
The ADSM client reads information from the drives when it starts up.
With the audio CD it uses some field that has a zero for the divisor

This is a known problem with ptf level 6. Please look at IBM APAR IC16240
for more information.

There is no fix at this time, only workarounds.

-Install ptf 5 (which has other problems).
       or
       or

-Do not leave an audio  CD-ROM in the drive when running ADSM.
len
len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513