ADSM-L

exclude lists for aix

1997-02-18 13:49:00
Subject: exclude lists for aix
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:49:00 EST
According to the ADSM manuals (Installing the Clients & Using the Unix**
Backup-Archive Clients), the recommendation is to have (at least) "exclude
/unix" in your include-exclude options file.  One of our IBM guys said to
also exclude "/usr/objrepos/C*" because you would never want to restore
these files.

What does everyone else have in their exlude list for aix clients?  Since
/usr/objrepos/C* wasn't mentioned in the manuals or in the Bare Metal
Restore doc as something to exclude, I'm concerned that we might run into
problems.

Thanks,

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics