ADSM-L

checkin libvolume failes on aix server

1997-02-18 12:00:12
Subject: checkin libvolume failes on aix server
From: Matthias Hensel <Matthias.Hensel AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:00:12 EST
     FROM   :   Matthias Hensel
                M001CC.MHENSEL
                Matthias Hensel at BE2006

     DATE   :   02/18/97
     SUBJECT:   checkin libvolume failes on aix server

Hello together,

I am at the moment setting up a new ADSM server 2.1.5.11 on AIX 4.1.5
with a 3494 library with 3590 drives as output medium.

The library and the drives are connected and known to aix due to the
atldd 2.5.1.4 and the Atape 2.6.1.0 drivers. the lmcpd Deamon is running
and everything seems to be alright so far.

Therfore I was able to define a library and drives in ADSM. Having done
this, I issues the checkin libvol command as follows:

   checkin libvol libname search=yes status=scratch devtype=3590

When I did so, ADSM started a process, but few seconds later it
terminates without any comment, and nothing happens inside the library.

Am I missing something. Has somebody had similar problems?

Can anybody help me?  Thanks.

Matthias Hensel

Matthias Hensel,                 Internet: matthias.hensel AT schering DOT de
Matthias Hensel,                 Internet: matthias.hensel AT schering DOT de
SCHERING AG,                        Phone: +49 30 468 20 81
13342 Berlin                          Fax: +49 30 469 16 71 9