ADSM-L

Re: alloha adsmers;

1997-02-17 14:13:22
Subject: Re: alloha adsmers;
From: Rinie du Pre <Rinie.du.Pre AT RVS DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 20:13:22 +0100
Maybe you have a timeout 'problem'.
I think ADSM ends an idle connection after 15 minutes by default.
So, if during the backup there is no communication between the lan server
and the adsm server, the session ends automaticly and is re-established
when there is a new request from the client.

Hope this helps you.

Rinie.du.Pre AT rvs DOT nl
Holland

B.T.W. how are your expirences with the combination LAN server and ADSM.

----------
> From: Nader Hashemi <naderh AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
> From: Nader Hashemi <naderh AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: alloha adsmers;
> Date: maandag 17 februari 1997 18:47
>
> one of my os/2 lan servers is tcpip communication with my ADSM server
during
> incremental backup every night . once the connection establishes ,on the
adsm
> server it shows repeadily starting the node and ending the node as if
os/2 serv
> er connect and disconnet many times until the backup is complete although
I do