ADSM-L

Incremental by date trouble

1997-02-14 10:43:07
Subject: Incremental by date trouble
From: Kai von Thadden <Thadden AT TIC.THYSSEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:43:07 +0100
Hi ADSMlers,

we have recently tried to restore a NT Fileserver that we backed up with
the option incremental by date.
We were not successful, as a lot of files that were changed since their
creation had not been backuped.

We use incrbd, because it seems to reduce communication overhead by not
synchronising the server
database with the client's file system. Ok, that means that we don't
keep track of deleted files, new
installed stuff etc. but anyway we should have backed up the CHANGED
files.

We suspect, that it might be an interpretation error of different date
formats. (Server: german, Client: english)
(Frankly, to me this sounds more like SciFi)

On client side we used Version 2.1.0.0, our Server is a MVS Host running
ADSM 2.1.5.6.

Anyone out there, who has experianced similar problems ? (and maybe has
solved them)

Bye
        Kai and Norbert