ADSM-L

Re: NT client backing up mounted novell drives

1997-02-13 12:47:36
Subject: Re: NT client backing up mounted novell drives
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:47:36 EST
If you are running the scheduler as an NT service and the service
is configured to log on with the local system account (the default)
you will not be able to access any domain resources because the
local system account doesn't posses any domain authority.

Also drives only get mapped at logon time so you would need to NET USE
them somehow for the local system account (possibly with the ADSM
PRESCHED command).

The easiest way to get around these problems would be to have the
service log on as a domain admin account which maps (and
retains) the needed drive mappings.

The logon account can be changed from the Service Control panel.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development