ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Betsy, We have just spent about 2 weeks testing the Microsoft NT 3.51
full restore with ADSM. ADSM will restore any file and directory just
fine. But if you are going to restore the whole c: drive we had to do
the following. Create a small boot partition of 150mb on the C: drive
and install the NT operating system to that 150mb partition. Then we
installed ADSM on the 150mb partition. Then we did a command line
restore as follows.
RES C:*.* -subdir=yes. This did a full restore of the C: drive. Then
we had to copy the registry information to the
C:Windows\system32\config folder.The 2.1.06 32-bit client has a readme
file (ADSM Backup-archive Client Part 2).In this readme area you will
find some examples on doing full restores of NT Server.In the first
week we tried to do just file restores and restore the registry but
the only problem we ran into with that was restoring the security
registry and the Sam registry. Everything was fine except the registry
entries mentioned above. The 2nd week we tried the Boot partition
restore. We were very impressed with the results. That one worked
100%. If you  will look on the web at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244880/homepage.htm
you will find documents that will really assist you with restores.

Ronnie Craig
State of Texas Comptroller
Austin, Texas
E-Mail(ronnie.craig AT cpa.state.tx DOT us)