ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12

1997-02-13 08:27:04
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:27:04 +0000
For those of you who have been following the discussion about the 2.1.5.12
adsm server code on AIX 4.1.5, I am happy to report that we have upgraded
to 2.1.5.12 plus the fixed binary and that all is well after 24 hours ...
(so far).

Thankyou very much Matt & Co for the prompt fix - it's appreciated.

Regards, Sheelagh
-----------------
>First, the bad news: IC16493 was opened against the incorrect server level.  It
>First, the bad news: IC16493 was opened against the incorrect server level.  It
>has been closed, and APAR IX65944 has been opened for this problem.

>Now the good news: The fix for IX65944 has been placed on index.storsys.ibm.com
>in adsm/temp as IX65944.tar.Z.
>This contains a small readme and a replacement dsmserv executable.  Make sure
>you download it in binary and uncompress it before you untar it.

>I encourage everyone running PTF 12 to install this fix, since the problem may
>show itself in a variety of fashions (most of which related to insufficient
>memory).

>Matt Anglin
>ADSM Development

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275