ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-02-12 19:26:50
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:26:50 PST
Subject:Exchange client for ADSM

>    Does anyone have information about an Exchange client for ADSM. I
>understand that Seagate's Backup Exec has a module which links to ADSM's
>API. I would like to know the potential updisdes/downsides of using it.
>Also has IBM announced a delivery date for their own interface for
>Exchange?
>
>Thanks Bill Koeneman
>Koch Industries

Bill, ADSM can do offline backup of Exchange directly.  For online
backup today, there is the Seagate Backup Exec interface to the ADSM API.
I'd say the disadvantage of using Backup Exec is that you have to
learn Backup Exec.  When we ran a mini-redbook residency on this we had
the most trouble with the terminology and just learning a brand new product.
We got it all to work, with the help of a couple of Seagate folks,
so that was not a problem.

IBM is working on another solution, but it is not announced yet.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)