ADSM-L

ADSM/2 and LAN3995 device

1997-02-12 17:08:24
Subject: ADSM/2 and LAN3995 device
From: Rinie du Pre <Rinie.du.Pre AT RVS DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 23:08:24 +0100
We are using ADSM/2 server version 2.1.
We are backing up our data to a LAN3995 dev class device.
The 3995 we are using is an lan attached C26.
Evrerything seems to be working fine, but I have a question

 In the IBM announcement letter of september '96 of the ADSM for OS/2 2.1
server was stated that there will be(in the future) support for the 3995 -
C26 optical library.
So how can it be that we are working fine in this enviroment, if fact it
worked also in the version 1.2 ADSM/2 server.
So, the question is : is our enviroment supported like we use it now, or
can we acspect major problems ?

Thanks in advance

Rinie du Pre
RVS insurrance