ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12

1997-02-11 21:16:55
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:16:55 -0600
     Trevor, that was a rather LARGE buffpool...
     I've got a 9 GB DB (mirrored 18GB across 16 volumes) my backup
     activity runs about 4.8 terabytes a month (a lot of this being 10-30KB
     files from novell servers) and I had been seeing cache % hits at 94%
     with a bufpool of 8192. I will say I just checked and it had dropped
     to 91%  but the cache wait is 0.00   OH, that is on a 59H...
     I do remember seeing this problem before... I think there might have
     been warnings out but I can't remember where I saw them... 'cause on
     my R40 with the .5. code I do have my bufpool at 512 and I'm seeing
     88% cache hits... I KNOW, I KNOW I've got the kiddie machine on the
     front line and the power house kicked back with its feet up in the air
     in reserve so teh 88% w/ 512 isn't really a fair comparison but I've
     got to have some tricks up my sleeve to work miracles with ;-)
     later
           DWight