ADSM-L

Forcing migration for a disk pool

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Subject: Forcing migration for a disk pool
From: Thomas A. La Porte[SMTP:tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've created a staging area on a RAID device attached to my ADSM
server. I have sufficient space on the device for a little more
than one day's worth of backup files, so I would like to
configure my backups to go directly to the disk pool.

In the morning (i.e. after the nightly backup), I would like to
backup the disk pool to a copy storage pool, followed by a
migration of the disk pool to the tape pool which is the next
storage pool in the hierarchy.

I have two questions:

 1) how do I go about *forcing* the migration of data
    from the disk pool to the tape pool?

 2) is it possible, via the ADSM scheduler, to start
    a migration when the backup of the disk pool
    has completed? i.e., is it possible, using the
    ADSM scheduling mechanisms, to make one action
    begin when another action completes?

Thanks. -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature
Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN
          <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>