ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Howard, We are also using ADSM version 2.1.10 on an MVS platform. But
we are using CA1 TMS as a tape manager. We had to define ADSM as an
external data manager to TMS before we could write tapes. Which means
we were allowing ADSM to control all tape activity from his data base.
And when ADSM is finished with a tape we envoke a tape exit to return
it to TMS control. I would investigate ZARA to see if you could define
external data managers to it.In this shop we are also using DFSMShsm
1.3 and he handles his tapes the same way ADSM does. The tape exit we
use to return tapes to TMS control is an exit that comes with DFSMShsm
called ARCTVEXT. So far what I have described to you works very well.

Ronnie Craig
State of Texas Comptroller
Austin, Texas
E-Mail (Ronnie.Craig AT cpa.state.tx DOT us)