ADSM-L

Re: Backup DB question

1997-02-10 23:39:18
Subject: Re: Backup DB question
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:39:18 -0600
     Touched on not very long ago...
     #1) I do FULL backups daily... I use an administrative event to issue:
        BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL SCRATCH=YES DEV=3590DEVC
     #2) To get those tapes back I have another admin sched event to issue:
        DELETE VOLHIST TYPE=DBB TOD=today-7
     this will delete all DataBaseBackup records older than a week...
     Now I am using a 3494 ATL w/ 3590's and I've checked-in my tapes as
     scratch so when the records are deleted adsm returns the tapes back to
     scratch status for re-use for anything.
     You are getting the tape in use 'cause it knows there is a DB backup
     on it and THANK GOD it won't let it be written over! to clear that
     just delete the volume history record of type DBB for that tape...
     checkout the "DELETE VOLHIST" to see exactly how it will fit your need
     under OS/2 and your tape drive / library use, volume availability to
     adsm... all that stuff...
     Hope this helps...
     later
          Dwight
     PS and even though my full DB Bkup takes over an hour on my system
     with the 9+GB DB I still do a full ;-)