ADSM-L

Re: Strange behavior on NetWare

1997-02-10 19:40:21
Subject: Re: Strange behavior on NetWare
From: Francisco Reyes <reyesf AT SUPER.ZIPPO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:40:21 -0400
On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:36:07 EST, Paul Zarnowski wrote:

>Question:  Does ADSM update the timestamps on directories when it backs
>           up files from those directories?
>
>           One of our NetWare users reports that this is the case, and has
>           some pretty strong evidence to support it.  The timestamps in
>           the dsmsched.log file match the timestamps on the directories.

I don't have an exact answer to your question, but I would  like to
suggest something. The Netware user that you use to backup give it
read/only access to your data. Give it read/write to the /adsm
directory "only".

From previous conversations/emails I believe that in netware ADSM
checks the last changed date and compares it with ADSM's database to
see if there has been a backup since that time.