ADSM-L

NT Server - DLT

2015-10-04 18:10:11
I am having a problem using Quantum DLT4700 libraries on my NT server.

Whenever a tape operation ends the tape is unloaded back to the slot
but I get an error message ANR8300E  with the following info:

  OP=8401c058
  CC=207
  KEY=ff
  ASC=ff
  ASCQ=ff

The tape does unload.  It is as if the tape drive unloads the tape at
the end of the operation and ADSM also issues its own command to unload
the tape from the drive but can't because it is being unloaded.

This problem also causes problems with subsequent tape loads.  Tapes
can't be loaded via the library until I recycle the 4700 by ejecting
the tape magazine and putting it back.

  TIA

  Ron Heflin
  IBM Global Services