ADSM-L

Re: NT scheduler service installation refresh

1997-02-07 16:54:39
Subject: Re: NT scheduler service installation refresh
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:54:39 EST
On Fri, 7 Feb 1997 08:15:34 PST Lori Simcox said:
>A refresh of the ADSM Win32 client was put onto the ftp server
>index.storsys.ibm.com on Jan 29.  This refresh corrected a
>performance problem with the API when compression is used.  The
>refresh also corrected some problems with the scheduler
>service installation, namely IC16093 (inability to connect to the
>server if the nodename was entered in lower case via dsmcsvci)
>and a fix to allow the user to specify the location of the
>dsm options file via dsmcsvci so that it will be saved in the
>registry.
>
>If you have not installed this refreshed version (indicated as Level
>6G in the Readme First file), we recommend doing so to alleviate
>some of the scheduler service problems mentioned in recent appends.
>
>Regards,
>
>Lori Simcox
>ADSM Client Development

Good afternoon Lori

Yes we fetched the ptf6G ptf a little while back. But When I tried to use
it on the first Windows NT 4.0 machine that we were looking at with the
password sync problem. We kept getting the divide by zero error.

Then today. I cleared my machine of the old copies of adsm. And installed
ptf6g. The password sync problem was still there. Without a  nodename
parm in the dsm.opt file, One can not have the dsmc.exe and scheduler
programs working correctly with the stored password at the same time.

Thanks len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513