ADSM-L

Oracle and EBU

1997-02-07 12:08:46
Subject: Oracle and EBU
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:08:46 EST
>I'm reading the white paper on Backing Up Databases.  The databases is
>Oracle7.  The client purchased a separate product mentioned on page 11
>of 22 called ENTERPRISE Backup Utility.  The white paper mentions that
>an interface between the Enterprise Backup Utility and ADSM
>development was planned for year-end 96, The interface between The
>Enterprise Backup Utility API and ADSM's API will allow for the Oracle
>backup output to be sent directly to ADSM.
>
>I need more information on this:
>
>How do I get this Interface?
>
>How is it hooked up?   Code?
>
>How does it work?

Jane, sorry for the delayed response, I'm behind on my mail.  I need to
update the whitepaper.  The ADSMConnect Agent for Oracle on AIX is now
available.  Details of what it is and how to use it are documented in the
updated redbook, Using ADSM to Back Up Databases, SG24-4335-02...make sure
you get -02.  This ORacle EBU support is available for AIX clients only
today.  We plan to support Solaris and HP-UX at a later date....
The agent has a separate order number and is a priced feature...$4995
per oracle server...we soon will have a 6-month special promo of around
$3495 per oracle server...thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)