ADSM-L

Re: No data on Server

1997-02-03 16:11:15
Subject: Re: No data on Server
From: Lori Simcox <lsimcox AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:11:15 PST
> When a user tries to back-up his private diskspace on the NT server to
> the ADSM (OS/2) server everything seems to go OK. But at the end of
> the backup the user gets a dialog box with the message: "no data on
> server" and altough the filespace was created it is empty. When we
> only select files from the root directory of the network drive the
> files are put on the ADSM server without any error.

> When we try to do this from an NT 4.0 Workstation we get access denied
> errors on all files (root or other subdirectories). The users has full
> control access rights on these files and subdirectories.
> Environment:

> ADSM Client: Windows 95 SP1, ADSM client V2R1L6
> ADSM Client: Windows NT 4 SP2, ADSM client V2R1L6
> ADSM Server: OS/2, ADSM server V1R2L9

> Dirk Rober

Hi Dirk,

About the access denied errors - make sure that the user or the
group to which the user belongs has the right user rights.  The
user needs the following user rights to backup/restore files with
ADSM:
   Back up files and directories
   Restore files and directories
   Manage auditing and security log

You can change check these with the User Manager administrative
tool.

Regards,

Lori Simcox
ADSM Client Development