ADSM-L

Novell ANS4017E

1997-02-03 05:41:00
Subject: Novell ANS4017E
From: ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU; julphinn(a)EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM
To: ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU
Date: Monday, February 03, 1997 10:41AM
I am running the Novell 2.1.6 client on Novell 3.12 servers.  From what
I am told, all of these Novell servers are at the same maintenance
levels.  All are successfully running the ADSM client nightly except
one.  We have been running the client on that one for a week and a half
and have yet to complete an incremental backup.  It backs up a few
files, then gets an ANS4017E TCP/IP connection failure like this:

TcpFlush: Error 60 sending data on Tcp/Ip socket 55616760.
sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
Error 32 sending data on Tcp/Ip socket 55616760.
TcpFlush: Error 4 sending data on Tcp/Ip socket 4294967295.
sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

Like all of the other servers, I have this in the DSM.OPT:
    DOMAIN                   SYS: APPS: CORP: DATA: BINDERY
    ERRORLOGR                365
    SCHEDLOGR                3
    SCHEDLOG                 CORP:\ADSM\DSMSCHED.LOG
    DIRMC                    DIRCLASS
    PROCESSOR                20
    TCPW                     64
    TCPB                     32
And this in the STARTUP.NCF:
  set minimum packet receive buffers=500
  set maximum physical receive packet size=4202
Anyone have an idea on something to change or look at?
Thanks!
Julie
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM