ADSM-L

Manual Archive Log

1997-01-31 04:43:56
Subject: Manual Archive Log
From: "Fawzi J. Al-Matar" <fjmatar AT EXPEC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:43:56 +0300
We have about 37 SP2 nodes with 800G of data.  ADSM is backing up all
this data in a daily basis. However, a lot of users use the archive
function to archive projects.  Since these users have a lot of data to
archive from different SP2 nodes, the retreive is difficult for them
since they have to know the node they archived their data from.

To resolve this problem, I came up with an idea to have a log for all
archived data sorted by logon ID and listing the path, des, and node
name.  This list will be updated in a daily basis after the command (Q
arch F=d) is performed. Users can go to this log and find out from which
node they performed their archive from.

So far so good.    When I wanted to implement this, I found out that the
command line does not give you the archived logon ID, where this log
will be a failure.  However, the GUI will give you all the information
including the logon ID.

Note: I issue the   Q ARCH F=d   as root.

My question: Did any one face this kind of request and what are the
options to resolve this request.

Fawzi Al-Matar

Saudi Arabia