ADSM-L

ADSM SCSI Libraries

1997-01-29 10:06:09
Subject: ADSM SCSI Libraries
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:06:09 -0600
>Date:    Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:45:57 -0500
>From:    Ron Heflin <RON.X.HEFLIN AT X400GW.AMERITECH DOT COM>
>Subject: ADSM SCSI Libraries
>
>I currently have two Quantum DLT4700 Tape Subsystems which I want to
>attach to a server running ADSM under NT.  Each unit contains 1 tape
>drive and 7 tape slots.  I would like to have a SCSI library with
>multiple mount points.  Is there any way that I can set up the two
>Quantum DLT4700s to be part of one library thereby having two mount
>points in the library.  The reason I want set it up this way is for
>automatic reclamation.
>
>     TIA
>
>      Ron Heflin
>      IBM Global Services
>      (847)562-7009
Well I am sorry to say NO.  I have quit a few of these and have found no way
to do put multiple DLT4700 into one ADSM library.  The problem is that each
DLT4700 has its own library device and in an ADSM library you can only define
one library device to each ADSM library.  Thus reclamation has to be done
manually.  You can use some scripts to do some of the for you.  Out on one
of the ftp server is sdreclaim which does an ok job of automating this.  It is
written in REXX I think.  We have taken it and rewrote it in PERL and added a
couple of things to handle multiple tape libraries.

Chuck T.