ADSM-L

Re: Backing up MS Exchange.

1997-01-28 18:35:15
Subject: Re: Backing up MS Exchange.
From: Simon Foster <simon.foster AT NATWESTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:35:15 -0800
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: FOSTER, Simon, Tech Ops
To:  INTERNET:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Date: 1997-01-28 15:24
Message ID: BD25DB3AED78D011888D0000F6495CCE
Conversation ID: RE: Backing up MS Exchange.

Apologies to anyone who can't read my note because it was written using
Apologies to anyone who can't read my note because it was written using
MS Exchange.

If you want to backup exchange, online, to ADSM then you need:

Seagate Backup Exec for Windows NT
Exchange module for above
ADSM module for above

...backup exec can take an online 'dump' of exchange, and use its ADSM
module to establish a client session with your server, and send the data
straight up the pipe. We haven't implemented this yet, but will be doing
it within the next couple of months.

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether this code is out of Beta yet. It
should be. I believe the GA date was supposed to be the start of the
year.

Simon Foster
System Services
Distributed Systems
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: (+44/0) 171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: (+44/0)
802 187593>
Fax: (+44/0) 171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3
Internet: simon.foster AT natwestuk.co DOT uk