ADSM-L

Re: Deleting backup versions on single file.

1997-01-27 04:39:00
Subject: Re: Deleting backup versions on single file.
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:39:00 +0100
Hi Don,
>      Hi All,,,Looking at the ADSM manuals I read that you cannot delete a
>      single backup version for a file? You have to delete the whole
>      filespace?  So if I have a backup that is corrupted, bad data or
>      whatever I have to delete all the backups for that filespace?  Please
>      some one tell me I misread something!!
This requirement has been submitted here before. There is no easy way to delete
a single backup version. You can only backup the new version a couple of time
(the amount have set in the copy group properties, 'number of versions to
keep') but that's a lot of work for just one file.

>      Question 2:  Can I incrementally backup drives that my machine is not
>      physically connected to?  If I NET USE to a different node/domain and
>      my scheduled backup becomes active will it backup the drive I
>      connected to?  Or is there a way?
ADSM doesn't backup network shares by default, however you can select them
through the GUI. I expect you can back them up by explicitly including them in
your DSM.OPT file, but I haven't tried it yet.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon