ADSM-L

Problems after reinstalling the v2r1m6 client on NT 4.0

1997-01-24 18:58:00
Subject: Problems after reinstalling the v2r1m6 client on NT 4.0
From: "Lasher, Chuck" <lasherc AT WDNI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:58:00 -0800
After the original installation of the ADSM client v2r1m6 on an NT 4.0
server it ran fine.

After unintalling and reinstalling v2r1m6 of the ADSM client on my NT
4.0 server with
no service packs installed I am having trouble getting both the ADSM
Scheduler and the
backup/archive client to execute.  Everytime I try to start one of them
I get
one of the following messages:

"Dr. Watson for Windows NT

An application error has occurred
and an application error log is being generated.

DSMCSVCI.exe
Exception: divide by zero(0xc0000094), Address: 0x0026f3b4"

"Dr. Watson for Windows NT

An application error has occurred
and an application error log is being generated.

DSM.exe
Exception: divide by zero(0xc0000094), Address: 0x0047474d"

I noticed some comments on the ADSM-L the other day that indicated the
nodename in the
registry should be lowercase so I ensured that it was.  I tried the
update password
command and that did not work.

I have uninstalled, gone through the registries with a fine tooth comb
to ensure there is
no lingering stuff from older installs deleted all the directories/files
associated with
ADSM and tried reinstalling with the same results.  I am becoming very
frustrated.

I have used the same installation files to do original installs on other
servers over the
last couple of days and have had no problems so I don't believe any of
the files are corrupted.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Chuck Lasher
Weyerhaeuser Co.