ADSM-L

Informix on Raw Devices

1997-01-23 10:22:18
Subject: Informix on Raw Devices
From: Russell Brooks <rbrooks AT RICHMOND.INFI DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:22:18 -0500
I have a customer with two 3490s sitting virtually unused.  They are =
also contemplating getting a couple of 3590s.  They have SAP with an =
Informix database running on an AIX 4.1 system on raw drives.  They are =
telling me that Informix cannot cope with the autoloaders, and ADSM, =
which can cope with 3490s doesn't work with raw devices.  I thought =
adsmpipe would do raw devices, but it can only do full offline backups =
and is not fully supported.  Comments or suggestions?

Regards,
Russ Brooks