ADSM-L

Restoring problems

1997-01-23 09:58:49
Subject: Restoring problems
From: Agris Krusts <akrusts AT TELEKOM DOT LV>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:58:49 +0200
Hello!
 I have noticed one interesting feature with ADSM server on AIX 4.1.4.
(quiet recent level) and AIX 3.2.5 client (it was also  on AIX 4 client,
but files was archived on AIX 3). Client version is: v2 release 1 level
0.2.
 So. Say at the beginning i had filesystem /usr/app and directory
/usr/app/spool. Then we decided to change things and now there is two
filesystems /usr/app and /usr/app/spool. Before change i had archived a
bunch of files from /usr/app/spool. And now if i want to restore file,
for
example, /usr/app/spool/my_file and do it with command:

dsmc retrieve -de="SOME DATE" /usr/app/spool/my_file

ADSM says that there is no such file. If i issue command

dsmc q arch -de="SOME DATE" -subdir=yes /usr/app/spool

i could not see anything. (I know that files are on ADSM server!) And
then
comes the interesting part. If i say:

dsmc retrieve -de="SOME DATE" -subdir=yes -pick /usr/app
                                                ^^^^^^^^^
I could recover the file i want. It looks like ADSM treats files not as
path from / but filesystem and path from its root.
 And question is. Is there a patch for if?
Agris