ADSM-L

Re: NT scheduler service

1997-01-23 08:48:06
Subject: Re: NT scheduler service
From: Andy Raibeck <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 05:48:06 PST
Ron Prine writes:

> >I am attempting to install the schedule service using the "ADSM
> >Scheduler Service Installation" provided with the NT 2.1.5 client on a
> >mixture of 3.51 and 4.0 servers.  While it appears to install OK,
> >validate the password and start the service, the following error is
> >logged in the event viewer:
> >
> >"Failure authenticating registry password for ADSM node 'SRPSRV69.NT'
> >with ADSM server, use DSMCSVCI utility to update."
> >
> >Checking the password through the "service installation" utility shows
> >the right password, and changing it and then re-validating through the
> >same interface all goes well.  What's the problem here?
> >
> >Jim White
> >SRP
> >
>   I too have seen this problem and my fix is to install the service, run the
> command line scheduler and enter the valid password at them prompt and exit.
>  Now when the service starts it will start correctly.

I think this may be a known problem.

There is a bug in the DSMCSVCI.EXE utility where, if you modify the node name
and you enter it in lower case, this will cause the problem. The work-around
is to make sure to enter the name in all upper case. APAR IC16093 has already
been taken to address this problem.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support