ADSM-L

ADSM server and ACSLS software for StorageTek Library

1997-01-22 12:30:41
Subject: ADSM server and ACSLS software for StorageTek Library
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:30:41 -0500
Hi there,

Here is the scenerio.

We have ADSM server version 2.1.0.10 running on an AIX 3.2.5 machine.  The
StorageTek Library drives will be hooked up to a SUN Sparc workstation, running
ACSLS software version 5.1.1. The library will be attached to the ADSM server (
AIX machine ).

My question is that while installing enhanced ADSM server software on the ADSM
server, there is a prerequisite that the ACSLS software which drives the
StorageTek library should have been installed before one can install enhanced
ADSM.  The enhanced ADSM version we have is 2.1.0.6.  Now since the ACSLS
software will be installed on the Sun Sparc, running Solaris 2.4, what should
the installation procedure of enhanced ADSM on AIX server be?

Please advise?

Naveed.