ADSM-L

Changing installed menus on 32 bit 2.1.6 installs

2015-10-04 18:10:54
Subject: Changing installed menus on 32 bit 2.1.6 installs
From: operator <oper AT LLE.ROCHESTER DOT EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Hi there;

  Due to the way our NT systems are set up the users can not backup the
registries (even if I change the user permissions, the don't have admin control
of their systems).  My fix has been to put "-backupreg=no" on the command line
of the ADSM backup client menu line.  This lets the user do a full backup
without getting an error for not being able to write a registry.

  Is there a way to fix the install to have this line put into the menu prior
to the install?  I still have 300 machines to go and I would like to avoid this
step (I am now down to 13 steps per machine, but...).

  Is there anything else I can modify in the install other than what is pointed
out in the config folder on disk1

Thanks

Ron Prine  prine AT lle.rochester DOT edu