ADSM-L

Novell Client running out of memory

1997-01-22 08:31:57
Subject: Novell Client running out of memory
From: Ron Heflin <RON.X.HEFLIN AT X400GW.AMERITECH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:31:57 -0500
I have a problem with a Novell client running out of memory when doing
an incremental backup.  My ADSM server is AIX.  The client is running
Novell 4.1 and has 128M of memory.  The volume with the problem contains
over 16 GB of data and 1,403,000 directory entries.

On the client side SLOWINCREMENTAL is yes and COMPRESSION is no.

I get the following error messages on the client side:
(TSA400 4.6 259) This program cannot allocate a directory handle.
 ANS4033E  System ran out of memory.

ADSM inspects over 287,000 files before ending this way and does back up
data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron
(ron.x.heflin AT ameritech DOT com)