ADSM-L

storage pool hierarchy problem

1997-01-21 16:51:56
Subject: storage pool hierarchy problem
From: Michael R Vogt 301-975-2886 <vogt AT RAVEN.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:51:56 -0500
I have a storage pool hierarchy that consists of a disk storage pool as the
first pool in the hierarchy and a tape storage pool as the last pool in the
hierarchy. I have migration thresholds defaulted and a max file size of 16 MB
for the disk storage pool. The disk pool is only 12.1% utilized, yet for the
past 4 days I have had 2 clients write most of their files to the tape pool,
even though none of their files were over 16 MB. These 2 clients are both
SunOS clients that were just installed 4 days ago with the 2.1.06 client
code. I have many other clients that all work as expected. All clients are
associated with the same policy domain. The server is running 2.1.5.11 on
AIX 4.2.

Any ideas? Does anyone know what trace options are available from within
dsmserv that might be of use?

Thanks!

michael.vogt AT nist DOT gov