ADSM-L

ADSM Win-32 bit install kudos

1997-01-21 14:20:20
Subject: ADSM Win-32 bit install kudos
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:20:20 -0500
Date:     January 21, 1997            Time:    13:42
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
For all of the regulars on this list, I'm sure you remember the discussions
For all of the regulars on this list, I'm sure you remember the discussions
that we had when the Win-32 clients for level 5 were released, and the
confusion and consternation this caused.  I was probably the most vocal in voi
cing my displeasure with this installation process.

Since I was so vocal then, I think it is only fair that I state my pleasure at
the changes in  the installation process for level 6 client.  Mike Collins and
his team are to be commended for the changes to the installation process and
the flexibility that it now gives us.  I cannot speak to the problems people
were having with the automation of the installation process, since we have not
exploited any of these opportunities, but I have tried several installations
with various levels of pre-installed clients, and have been very pleased with
the installation - most of my complaints would have to be termed "nits" - such
as the "full" installation still being the first one listed, but this installs
both the admin and backup client.  The fact that we can now install everything
into a single directory again, and it gives us the option to clean up existing
levels of code is what we were asking for all along.

For me it was certainly encouraging to see that the complaints we had were
answered in a timely manner, addressing the problems we documented, and in a
meaningful way that helps us out tremendously.  Thanks very much for taking
time to listen and implement what we needed.

Jerry Lawson