ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:54
Message authorized by:
    : araibeck AT vnet DOT ibm.com_at_internet at X400post

------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_28501.32df82db.imrgysn0.mta.mcdermott.com
     If you have an AppleShare or MacTOPS file server, you can load the
     images there.  You can then do an install across your network instead
     of fighting floppies.  We have ours loaded on a 4.1 Novell server and
     Mac users mount via AppleShare the install the images.  Works great.

_________________________________
Subject: Re: ADSM client software
Author:  [email protected]_at_internet at X400post
Date:    1/17/97 8:19 AM

Eckhard Trinkaus observes:

> I have some problems when installing ADSM client software
> downloaded from server index.storsys.ibm.com.

> 1) I have downloaded ADSM client software for Digital Unix
>    (directory adsm/fixes/v2r1/dec/digitalunix).
>    tar -xvf for file ip21002.3d2 (Jan 14 17:09) ends with
>    tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media: ...

> 2) I have downloaded ADSM client software for Mac
>    (directory adsm/fixes/v2r1/mac),
>    File mac.v2r1m6.IP21056.hqx (Jan  2 18:38).
>    After downloading, decompression and extraction a folder mac21056
>    containing 2 files
>    ADSM Installer Disk 1.image
>    and
>    ADSM Installer Disk 2.image
>    is generated,
>    the ADSM Installer Icon is missing.

You are indeed correct. I've forwarded this note to development and asked
them to address this.

I can't tar the ip21002.3d2 file, either.

For the Mac files, you can create the diskettes from the images, then
install
from diskette. Not an ideal solution for distributing to the masses, but
it's
there as a work-around until this is straightened out.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_28501.32df82db.imrgysn0.mta.mcdermott.com--