ADSM-L

Best practices regarding multiple servers at different locations

1997-01-16 15:18:14
Subject: Best practices regarding multiple servers at different locations
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:18:14 EDT
Our organization has multiple server sites spread around the world.  We plan to
install ADSM servers along with StorageTek DLT tape libraries on multiple
sites, since  it is not feasible ( because of bandwidth ) to use just one
server location as the data backup warehouse.  Now my question is that if we
specify the domain, policies, groups, management classes etc. on one server and
backup the data.  Is it possible to backup the entire library and replicate it
( or let us say restore it) onto another location so that one location mimics
the other location.  Does anyone have implemented and developed best practices
along these lines.