ADSM-L

Re: Automated nodename setting on PC's for adsm

1997-01-16 14:19:07
Subject: Re: Automated nodename setting on PC's for adsm
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:19:07 EST
On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:27:58 -0500 operator said:
>  I have just started upgrading our PC clients and I would like to know if
>there is a way to automate filling in the nodename field in the dsm.opt files.
> I have built the default dsm.opt files and put them in the config directory
>(works fine), but I would like to avoid having to edit dsm.opt after every
>install (400 machines).  On unix this is easy, but how about for NT/Win95?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ron Prine

Hello Ron

If you leave the nodename statement out of the dsm.opt file on Windows NT
then it will use the windows nt computer name. I am not sure if this will
work for Win95 also.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513