ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Support for Stratus

1997-01-16 10:27:13
Subject: Re: ADSM Support for Stratus
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:27:13 +0100
>=20
> Is any ADSM client support being considered for Stratus VOS 11+?  We ha=
ve
> a crying need for such as service.   We are willing to help out with
> developing such a client.
> Regards.
> Wayne Schumack
> Norwest Corp.
>=20

Wayne,

as far as I know there's no support for any of the OS's running on Stratu=
boxes, I remember in '95 we had the need to have an ADSM-Client running o=
FTX (a kind of UNIX System V, like Solaris, SINIX or AT&T) and we asked I=
BM
to do the port, but they wanted to charge us about DM 250000,- and we
decided to backup the data via an existing AIX-System the has the
filesystems mounted with NFS.

--=20
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
  ** **    Dresdner Bank AG             Voice: ++49 69 263 10276
 **   **   OR IT-SY B                     FAX: ++49 69 263 5062
  *****    Windm=FChlstr. 14
           D-60301 Frankfurt am Main