ADSM-L

File restores

1997-01-16 10:33:19
Subject: File restores
From: Betsy Moir <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:33:19 -0600
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

You might want to look into using Webshell, which allows you to access any
workstation that is running webshell via the the internet.  We've played
around with it here, and it works well.  Once you're attached, it works
as if you are that workstation.

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from OWNERAD1--INTERNET 97/01/16 09:19 ***

TO:          INTERNET  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
FROM: OWNERAD1 INTERNET  OWNER-ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
DATE: 01/16/97 09:19
SUBJECT: File restores
COPYLIST:
This is a general question about file restores, paltform is MVS server :

If a client (server/workstation) needs to have a file restored and is
having problems and needs an ADSM administrator assistance you can:

1) Via telephone, e-mail, let them know how to do it
2) Visit their site to perform restore.
3) If a server, assuming that you have logon privileges, logon to that
server and restore their files.

Am I missing something here?   Is there a way an adminstartor can
restore files for all clients from a central point, (a PC) using GUI or
something while physically remaining at one location?  I can see a
problem with some inexperienced customers and what about 24hr
support for restores?  We of course have operators 7/24 but if one piont
of logon to be able to help all clients is not availible, how are other
companies handling this?  What about other 3rd party products like
SAM:Expert?

 Please let me know if I am missing something there or not.  Thanks Jane

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
(612) 624-4883