ADSM-L

Solaris and SunOS

1997-01-14 18:09:24
Subject: Solaris and SunOS
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 18:09:24 -0500
Date:     January 14, 1997            Time:    17:48
From:    Jerry Lawson    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
This has to qualify as a Newbie Unix question, but someone stole my Unix ADSM
This has to qualify as a Newbie Unix question, but someone stole my Unix ADSM
manual (Honest!) and I am not sure I can spell Unix correctly...... (or is it
UNIX) :-)

I have a customer who installed ADSM (level 3) on a Solaris 2.5 machine.  (We
have done this before, successfully).  This time, however, the Main menu of
the GUI shows for the machine to be backed up, a file type of SunOS, instead
of UFS.  The ncremental starts, backs up the / and /var, but then dies with a
Core dump a little ways into the /usr.  The customer thinks this is because
ADSM believes the file type to be SunOS, instead of UFS.  My gut instinct is
that this is not the problem, since we have already gotten two good file syste
ms backed up, and that since Sun OS is a supported OS, the Solaris client
should be able to handle it.  Which one of us is correct?

TIA
Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com