ADSM-L

ADSM AIX cancel pending

1997-01-13 12:32:31
Subject: ADSM AIX cancel pending
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:32:31 -0600
Are people that are running AIX servers having problems with canceled
processes never ending?

I issued a cancel to a reclaim process hours ago, and the process has never
ended.  This reclaimation has caused a bottleneck in migration and a restore
process, which is why I canceled it.  It now appears to be hung on the same
file.

I can't halt my server at this time.  Any suggestions on how to get this
process to end?  Is IBM working on this problem?  This happens to me all the
time, and I think I have heard others mention hung processes/sessions before.

Thanks as always.

Bob