ADSM-L

Sun Solaris 2.5.1 Shutdown Problem

1997-01-10 17:37:39
Subject: Sun Solaris 2.5.1 Shutdown Problem
From: Brian Read <Brian_Read AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:37:39 -0600
     I'm currently experiencing a problem during shutdown of my Sun Solaris
     2.5.1 clients utilizing the ADSM Sun Solaris 2.1.0.5 client software.
     My attempts to shutdown this server seemingly "hang". The culprit
     appears to be the ADSM client scheduler process. I currently have this
     process automatically initiated at boot time via the following inittab
     entry:

     adsm::once:/usr/sbin/dsmc sched    >/dev/null    2>&1 # ADSM Scheduler

     When I kill this process prior to attempting a shutdown of my solaris
     client, the shutdown is successful.  I'm not aware of any way to
     automate the process of terminating the client scheduler prior to
     recycling my solaris server.

     Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or is there a way to
     automate the shutdown of the client scheduler.

     Appreciate any Help !

     Brian Read