ADSM-L

Cross client restores

1997-01-10 16:12:15
Subject: Cross client restores
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:12:15 -0500
Hi All,

     I hope I am just missing something.  What I want to do is authorize
some user on the server, say, restore AT server DOT node to restore all files
on the client (set access "*"), so that the "restore" user on the
server can then restore files back to any client, making the server a
central point for restores.  Can this be done?  If not, then I see this as
a serious flaw in the product.  I am running Version 2 clients with
Version 1/PTF1 of the Sun Solaris server.  Please do not tell me that one
has to initiate all restore from the client system!

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,