ADSM-L

Re: HSM for NT

1995-02-20 13:01:00
Subject: Re: HSM for NT
From: Tim Mortimer
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Date: Monday, February 20, 1995 13:01
Eric,
I don't know who in Wang you have been speaking to, but there has been
a misunderstanding. I can only echo Andy's comments that maybe they
were talking about AvailHSM rather that Open/STOR. The Open/STOR
product manager in Wang confirmed this to me a few minutes ago in a
telephone call.

An Open/STOR HSM server runs on NT 3.51/4.0 and manages NTFS volumes
on other NT workstations and servers. The ADSM capacity kit uses the
ADSM API to connect to an ADSM server, which appears to Open/STOR as
a very big automated tape library.

>Tim,
>I dare to disagree, Wang support specifically told me a Netware server
>as a HSM server and IS required!
>Kindest regards,
>Eric van Loon

Cheers,
Tim Mortimer
ITSO San Jose
Internet: Tim_Mortimer AT vnet.ibm DOT com