ADSM-L

Re: ADSM course question

1997-01-09 13:45:24
Subject: Re: ADSM course question
From: Scott Waterhouse <scott AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:45:24 -0700
Marco;

If you are uncomfortable with a "marketing" response, please ignore the
following and dispose of the message. Having said that...

Mainland is a Canadian (Calgary-based) reseller who specializes in storage
and storage management systems primarily for the RS/6000. We offer in depth
customized training and installation courses for ADSM of (usually) at least
one week in length. If you are interested in finding out more about us and
our instruction methods, please feel free to respond via phone or e-mail.

At 12:54 PM 1/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>  We are seriously considering ADSM and will run it on an IBM RS6000 (AIX) unix
>server.  I need to send someone on the ADSM implementation course.  The problem
>is that the ADSM course by IBM is only available for the MVS platform for the
>next several months.
>This places us in a very tight spot.
>
> Question. Because we'll be starting it up on a unix server, do you recommend
>that I send him on the MVS course anyways or do we stand to lose?  Which course
>did those of you who are running ADSM on a unix server get your training?
Please
>help, I really would appreciate it.
>
>Marco Bartolucci
>CAE Electronics
>marco AT cae DOT ca

Regards,                                lph.: 403-266-6611
Scott Waterhouse                        lfax.: 403-266-6633
RS/6000 & ADSM Sales            lcell.: 403-650-1630
Mainland Information Systems, Ltd.      le-mail: scott AT mainland.ab DOT ca