ADSM-L

Re: Support for Platforms

1997-01-09 10:02:51
Subject: Re: Support for Platforms
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 09:02:51 -0600
We have had the client code for an HP-UX 10.10 T520 server installed
for about 4 months now w/o any problems.   I can remember an extensive
test done on the archival and retrieval of several large filesystems
and a handful of individual file restores that were uneventful.  I hope
that there is not something that I'm going to get blindsided with when
perhaps I need to do a major recovery because some small part of this
operating system is not supported.

 I'm not a Unix guru, and assumed that level HP-UX level 10.* support
meant level 10.1 ---> 10.whatever!   The README file for ptf IP20824
for HP says under INSTALLATION/System:  "This package runs on the HP/UX
Operating System Version 10.01 or higher."
Can someone from ADSM support please clarify this please....Thanks

Larry Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com